1/8 Photos of Cheese Omelette (Omelette Au Fromage)
This recipe comes from Urbain Dubois & Emile Bernard, "La Cuisine classique", 1864. Yes 1864. The flavor is great, and placing the parmesan cheese into the eggs separates the cheese flavors. Preparation time includes grating the cheese and mixing the eggs. Cooking times very to taste. Some like eggs well done, I prefer them just set. This I leave up to you to decide. This recipe yields 2 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break the eggs into a bowl.
- 2Season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 3Add Parmesan cheese.
- 4Beat the eggs with a fork until just mixed.
- 5Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- 6Add the butter and allow it to melt and color slightly.
- 7Add the beaten eggs.
- 8Use the flat side of the fork to stir the eggs until they start to set.
- 9Smooth the top and leave the eggs to cook.
- 10Add the Gruyere cheese over the surface.
- 11Fold the omelette into thirds and flip it onto a heated serving plate.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Omelette (Omelette Au Fromage)
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.5
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 564.8 mg
- Sodium 556.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 28.6 g