Recipe by Dotty2
Savory and tender with a feather light texture. Great served with soup or as a sandwich. Can also be toasted. This recipe has become a favorite at our house. Recipe came from a Robin Hood cookbook
Top Review by KateL
Zesty, with a bit of a bite. I liked it plain, but I loved it toasted with a smear of butter. Everyone really liked this bread. I think this would make killer hamburger buns. Made for I Recommend tag game based on Annacia's review.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, slightly warm
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups best for bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (best for bread works best if you have it on hand)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried dried leaf basil
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (or cubed small)
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Loaf size is 11/2 lb/ 3 cup or 2lb/ 4 cup.
- Select loaf size.
- Add ingredients to machine according to manufactures directions.
- Select white cycle.
- Note: I add the ingredients as listed.
- I use the basic cycle for the black and decker ( all in one Machine).
- 11/2lb with a medium crust. Works great for me.( takes about a 3 hour cycle).