Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Savory and tender with a feather light texture. Great served with soup or as a sandwich. Can also be toasted. This recipe has become a favorite at our house. Recipe came from a Robin Hood cookbook
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, slightly warm
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups best for bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (best for bread works best if you have it on hand)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried dried leaf basil
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (or cubed small)
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- Loaf size is 11/2 lb/ 3 cup or 2lb/ 4 cup.
- Select loaf size.
- Add ingredients to machine according to manufactures directions.
- Select white cycle.
- Note: I add the ingredients as listed.
- I use the basic cycle for the black and decker ( all in one Machine).
- 11/2lb with a medium crust. Works great for me.( takes about a 3 hour cycle).
Zesty, with a bit of a bite. I liked it plain, but I loved it toasted with a smear of butter. Everyone really liked this bread. I think this would make killer hamburger buns. Made for I Recommend tag game based on Annacia's review.
All I can do is echo the recipe description. I always use the dough cycle and make buns which I then freeze because I just never seen to finish a loaf before it goes off. The pepper sauce is barely noticeable in heat but it does add something nice. The cubed cheese just vanishes into the bread if you add it at the beginning like I did. The basil touch is also lovely.
AWESOME Cheese and Onion Bread. Made for our family New Years Eve gathering, it was an absolute hit with everyone. Have to add no one was surprised to hear it was a Dotty2 recipe! Made using the dough cycle, baked in two 'french loaf' style loaves making for perfect slices to add the appetizer table as well as along with the soup course. Made as posted (cubed the cheese) and wouldn't change a thing. The bread is indeed savoury, tender, and wonderfully feather light. And yes it's great toasted! Another Dotty2 recipe going into our Family Favorites. Thank you Dot.