Posted by request. I serve these as an antipasto and they're also great as a snack. There may appear to be a number of steps to follow but they really are quite easy to make. Can be made gluten free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter.
- 2Add onion and cook on medium heat until softened.
- 3Add rice and stir to coat with butter.
- 4Add 4 cups of stock and cook, stirring until the stock has almost absorbed.
- 5Continue to add broth gradually and cook, stirring until rice is tender but still firm and the liquied has formed a thick sauce.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir parmesan cheese and eggs into hot rice.
- 8Season with pepper.
- 9Spread rice onto a baking tray and allow to cool.
- 10Divide rice into 18 portions.
- 11Flatten one portion into the palm of your hand and place one cube of mozzarella in centre.
- 12Draw edges together to enclose cheese and form into a ball.
- 13Continue with remainder.
- 14Roll in breadcrumbs.
- 15Heat oil in saucepan and when hot add croquettes in batches and turn occasionally until golden brown- approx 4 minutes.
- 16Ensure the pot is not overcrowded.
- 17Serve hot with your favourite tomato sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese filled Rice Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 771.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g