Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted by request. I serve these as an antipasto and they're also great as a snack. There may appear to be a number of steps to follow but they really are quite easy to make. Can be made gluten free.
- Melt butter.
- Add onion and cook on medium heat until softened.
- Add rice and stir to coat with butter.
- Add 4 cups of stock and cook, stirring until the stock has almost absorbed.
- Continue to add broth gradually and cook, stirring until rice is tender but still firm and the liquied has formed a thick sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir parmesan cheese and eggs into hot rice.
- Season with pepper.
- Spread rice onto a baking tray and allow to cool.
- Divide rice into 18 portions.
- Flatten one portion into the palm of your hand and place one cube of mozzarella in centre.
- Draw edges together to enclose cheese and form into a ball.
- Continue with remainder.
- Roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in saucepan and when hot add croquettes in batches and turn occasionally until golden brown- approx 4 minutes.
- Ensure the pot is not overcrowded.
- Serve hot with your favourite tomato sauce.