Recipe by Lainey6605
I recently tried this recipe from the last issue of Taste of Home and we really enjoyed it. You can substitute any type of cheese you'd like.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- ripe olives, sliced (optional)
- additional sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 2 T sauce over each tortilla.
- In large bowl, combine the Monterey Jack, 1 cup cheddar cheese, onions, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place about 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in 1 greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees, for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with lettuce, olives and sour cream, if desired.