Recipe by dolores in paradise
Put these dumplings in a pretty bowl and they will impress--taste good also. This has been hanging around my recipe box forever. I usually add a dash oregano.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
This was outstanding! I knew we would like them because I have a similar recipe but mine doesn't have the cheese. I couldn't wait to try this and I was not disappointed. It's quick, easy and very filling. We enjoyed this as a nice lunch today- it's very rainy, cold and drab here today so this was perfect. I usually make this type of dish along side chicken as a side dish. I did add about 1 tsp. granulated garlic. Thanks so much for posting! Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2009
- 2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain juice from tomatoes into 10-inch skillet.
- Put tomatoes in bowl and mash until broken up.
- Add to skillet with next 3 ingredients and 1/3 cup water.
- Bring to boil.
- Mix next 3 ingredients with fork and drop by spoonfuls into boiling tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley over dumplings.
- Makes 6 servings.