Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I am posting this recipe because it is my very favorite cheese ball ever. You are going to love it. Yes, the prep takes a little while but it is so worth it. Please follow directions carefully for success. Please do not do it with a processor as you want distinctive pieces of stuff. It is a very pretty cheese ball. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar cherries, finely chopped and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well and blotted very well
- The key to this cheese ball is the prep.
- After finely chopping each item, please blot well with paper towel.
- You must do this or you will have a cheese dip.
- Pay close attention to blotting the cherries or you will have very pink cheese ball.
- Mix well and form into a ball and chill overnight.
- Roll in chopped pecans if desired.
- This is the best cheese ball ever, promise.
I have sent in a correction but thought this might make it through first. You need to add a small can of crushed pineapple, well drained and well dryed with paper towels.
Riffraff, This cheeseball is AWESOME!!!! I made it yesterday for the family, and it is gone!! Made another one tonight to take to a New Year's party tomorrow. I squished and squeezed the heck out of all of the ingredients with paper towel, and it came out wonderful! I rolled mine in crushed walnuts because thats what I had on hand. The flavor combination is just unreal!! The cherries and green pepper makes it so festive! Thanks so much for posting this recipe:) ~Manda
Riff sent me this recipes as a request that I had for a cheeseball to send with my daughter for a office party. I have to tell you this was incredible. (correction hasn't been made yet but you also add pineapple. DD helped me put it together and I have to say the combination of flavors is out of this world. We ended up making 2 has my family started whining that we need one for home. This is like no other cheeseball you have ever tried! Yum. You made good on your promise Riff. It is the best!!!!