The traditional Cornish recipe uses a cheese such as Double Gloucester or English Cheddar, but I have made some very tasty varieties using Stilton, Feta, Bleu Cheese, and even Havarti.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw the pastry.
- 2If using homemade, put your dough in the refrigerator to chill.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 4Melt the butter in a frying pan on a low heat.
- 5Mix in the onions and cook them until they are just beginning to soften.
- 6Mix them with the cheese and parsley.
- 7Roll out the pastry and cut out 4 rounds, each about 6 inches in diameter.
- 8Put a quarter of the cheese mixture on one half of each one.
- 9Fold over the other side and crimp the edges together.
- 10Lay the pasties on a floured baking sheet and brush them with milk or beaten egg.
- 11Bake them for 30 minutes and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Onion Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 4.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
double Gloucester cheese