Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The traditional Cornish recipe uses a cheese such as Double Gloucester or English Cheddar, but I have made some very tasty varieties using Stilton, Feta, Bleu Cheese, and even Havarti.
- Thaw the pastry.
- If using homemade, put your dough in the refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on a low heat.
- Mix in the onions and cook them until they are just beginning to soften.
- Mix them with the cheese and parsley.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 4 rounds, each about 6 inches in diameter.
- Put a quarter of the cheese mixture on one half of each one.
- Fold over the other side and crimp the edges together.
- Lay the pasties on a floured baking sheet and brush them with milk or beaten egg.
- Bake them for 30 minutes and serve hot.