Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The traditional Cornish recipe uses a cheese such as Double Gloucester or English Cheddar, but I have made some very tasty varieties using Stilton, Feta, Bleu Cheese, and even Havarti.
- Thaw the pastry.
- If using homemade, put your dough in the refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on a low heat.
- Mix in the onions and cook them until they are just beginning to soften.
- Mix them with the cheese and parsley.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 4 rounds, each about 6 inches in diameter.
- Put a quarter of the cheese mixture on one half of each one.
- Fold over the other side and crimp the edges together.
- Lay the pasties on a floured baking sheet and brush them with milk or beaten egg.
- Bake them for 30 minutes and serve hot.
Superb!! Had these for lunch today with a green salad and jacket potatoes, so easy and quick! I used a 14 oz. packet of frozen puff pastry and cheddar cheese, the kids loved them and I had to make another batch! I cut out eight square shapes with my pastry. Thanks for another good recipe!
Excellent pasty! I used an aged cheddar and lemon basil as I did not have parsley. Great recipe.
This was wonderful and fulfilled my need for something cheesy. I added some fresh chives and a little minced garlic to the filling which gave it a nice added kick. Very simple and delicious recipe, thanks!