Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
An unusual pie in that the pastry and the filling are mixed together. Works very well for picnics and pot lucks.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 25 g butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g porridge oats
- 125 g aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large baking potato, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180C/350°F.
- Heat both quantities of oil and half the butter in a pan and gently cook the onions and garlic for 10 minutes
- While the onion is cooking spread the oats out on a baking sheet and toast for about 10 mins, leave to cool.
- Remove onions from heat and when they are cool add the oats along with the eggs, cheese and parsley. Mix well.
- Oil an 8 inch sandwich tin and place a circle of greaseproof paper on the bottom.
- Thinly slice the potato and arrange the slices in the tin, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon the oat mix on top of the potato slices and press down gently. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn out the cake. Brush the top with the remaining butter and grill under a hot grill for 5 mins for an extra crispy top.