Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was clipped from a magazine many years ago. I can't remember which one, but this is a nice snack for a light summer afternoon, with margaritas of course!
- 4 flour tortillas, fajita-size
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- CRISPS: Preheat oven to 375°F Line two baking sheets with foil. Cut each tortilla in half crosswise, then cut each half into 4 triangles.
- In small bowl, toss cheese with cumin. Sprinkle some of the mixture on each triangle. Bake for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. Remove from oven, loosen with spatula and let cool.
- SALSA: In small saucepan over high heat, bring orange juice to boil, cooking til reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Pour into serving bowl and let cool slightly. Add remaining salsa ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Serve surrounded with crisps.
I halved the recipe, very much enjoyed the citrus salsa. I didn't have fresh basil(it's just starting to really grow), so used cilantro, which was delicious! Thanks!