Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
We made these eggs in my food science class in college. I thought, "Eeeww...yuck!" when I read the recipe. When I tried them, I couldn't get enough of them. I was eating them every morning for a month till I finally wore myself out with them. They are best with fresh garden tomatoes, but those crunchy ones at the market in January will work too because you're cooking them. PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE RECIPE AND REVIEWS (for hints and tips) BEFORE PREPARING!!
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Great recipe. First time I've ever tried eggs in a mircowave. The only change is that we added Old Bay Seasoning to our eggs because we like Old Bay in our eggs! Made for ZWT3.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons onions, diced fine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: I made this in college in a very low-powered microwave. The amount of eggs you use will depend on how long to cook the eggs, especially in a newer microwave. I prepared this the other night in my new convection oven and only used two eggs. The time was about 2-3 minutes and I stood there and watched them closely, stopping a couple of times to stir them. REMEMBER, microwaves vary in power and when changing the ingredient amounts, the time might change too. Novice cooks might not realize that, so if you screw up a couple of eggs, just try it again. This is delicious and worth the few minutes.
- Stir together ingredients. Place in a microwave-safe dish and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on medium heat for 3 minutes. Microwave 3 more minutes after turning. Let stand 1 minute.