Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This dish is refrigerated overnight and you can just pop it in the oven for breakfast the next morning. Recipe is from Taste of Home. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 10 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and bread cubed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- In small skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter; spoon over bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese, ham and flour.
- In large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, garlic powder and salt.
- Pour over ham and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.