Cheddar Cheese Strata
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is just yummy; nice and cheesy. And this is a healthier version than most. This would be nice to serve at a brunch. Not sure where I got the recipe. Note that standing time is not included in the preparation time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb loaf French bread, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 4 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Remove crusts from bread. Put 1/2 of bread in a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. sprinkle with 1-1/4 cups cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites together. Add the milk, onion, dry mustard and salt; whisk again to combine. Gently pour over contents of baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and a sprinkle of paprika for color. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION