Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup red maraschino cherry, chopped
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy then stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the combined dry ingredients and blend well.
- Stir in the cheese, pineapple, and cherries.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes.