Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My younger sister says these taste like goldfish crackers yet have the texture of a cookie.
Make and share this Cheddar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- Put spices and butter in a pot.
- Stir while heating until it starts to bubble.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Remove from pot and place in mixing bowl.
- Mix in cheese.
- Roll into log (refrigerate if necessary).
- Use cheese cutter to cut into medallions.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Serve with Tabasco sauce.
These are good! I had to add a little extra butter because it was too crumbly to shape into the log, but apart from that, I made it as written. I want to buy some wasabi cheese today to have with them, I think they will match well! [made for Aus/NZ recipe Swap #22]