Recipe by chef blade
Always used a complicated cheese sauce for this recipe when in the food biz, but canned soup works fine. Drink any remaining beer. Must supply your own fireplace!
Top Review by Aaron Morell
Wow! What a great soup! I have a tattoo of popcorn on my left forearm (that's on the right if you're looking at my picture), so I knew when I read this that I had to try it. Now, some call me a professional "cook", but to think that you can actually used canned milk just blew me away! I use canned milk almost every day (try it in margaritas - it's great!) but I had never thought to use it in soup! Silky, smooth, and packed plum full of popcorn/cheese/beer/milk flavor!I'm so happy!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1 can medium-bodied beer
- 2 can milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Add first 5 ingredients to heavy soup pot and lightly saute.
- Add remaining ingredients (using empty soup cans to measure the milk and beer) Heat to simmer.
- When serving, top each cup or bowl with generous handful of freshly popped, lightly salted, popcorn.