Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's a snowy day, I think this will be on the menu!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (8 tablespoons, 4 ounces or 1/2 cup)
- 2 small onions, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark beer (12 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock (12 oz)
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- sprinkled sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1.Melt the butter in a saucepot. Add the onions and sauté until golden brown. Add the carrot and celery and continue to sauté for a few minutes more. Stir in the flour and continue cooking for a few minutes more. Add the beer, stock and cream and simmer until the soup has thickened, about five minutes more. Add the grated cheddar, salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce and stir until smooth.