Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is our families favorite Sunday dessert, because it's so simple and yet very rich and yummy. The thing that makes it soooo good is the real whipped cream, don't skimp there! If you don't like mixes just use the real thing, you just aren't cheatin'!
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (prepared)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagescook and serve chocolate pudding mix or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages Jell-O chocolate fudge flavor pudding and pie filling or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vegetarian chocolate pudding mix or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vegetarian chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar (you can use more or less depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla
- For whipping cream place cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl and mix with a hand mixer till it starts to thicken. Don't do it to long or you'll end up with it to thick.
- Set aside.
- While the cake and pudding are still warm, but not hot, Cut the cake into 1-2 inch cubes.
- Begin assembling by placing about 1/2 of the cake cubes in the bottom of a large glass trifle dish.
- Smooth 1/2 of the pudding over the cake in the dish, then the remaining cake over that, and then the remaining pudding.
- Finally smooth the whipped cream over the very top and serve.
- You can garnish this with chocolate curls if desired.
- This can be served cool but we like it warm (it's all personal preference).
- Cook time includes making the cake and pudding at the same time.