1/1 Photo of Cheater Almost Kolaches
Okay, so you're not anywhere near the Texas Hillcountry, but you are craving kolaches. Or you ARE in the Texas Hillcountry but you don't really feel like making a real yeast dough and you're craving kolaches. What do you do? Cheat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Either mix up a batch of your favorite biscuit dough and cut into 16 pieces or open a can of biscuits (the flaky kind is my favorite) and separate each biscuit into half (this should give you 16 biscuit halves).
- 3Take the 2 slices of cheese, cut each into 4 strips, and then cut those in half the other direction, giving you 16 short strips.
- 4Place 1 strip of cheese and 1 sausage onto each biscuit piece and wrap dough around them. Place seam side down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 5Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Brush the tops with melted butter and serve warm.
- 6You can of course, substitute any of your favorite kolache fillings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheater Almost Kolaches
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1018.8
- Calories from Fat 663
- Total Fat 73.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 132.3 mg
- Sodium 2502.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 31.6 g