Cheaters Russian Khrusty
photo by Crafty Lady 13
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 8 ounces egg roll wraps
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cut 1 sheet at a time of egg roll wrappers from corner to corner to form a triangle.
- Fold two corners on long side of triangle to form a smaller triangle (does not have to be precise).
- In a skillet with about 1" deep oil -- fry a few triangles at a time until they are light golden brown in hot oil. Each Khrusty only takes 1-2 minutes to reach desired color.
- Warning: Watch out as oil splatters.
- Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I would give this recipe 10 stars for ease of preparation. Light, flaky and addictive. The time is off because I made 40 of these in about 30 minute. I could only find a package of 20 egg roll wraps. It was also very easy to cut 5 or 6 sheets at a time. They were very easy to cut and prepare. The next time I make these (which will be very soon), I would like to add some cinnamon to the confectioners' sugar. Yum! Thanks for another wonderful recipe, Acadia. Made for Late Fall 2009 Photo Tag.