Cheaters Strawberry Shortcake
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- Bake cake according to package instruction. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling, gently toss the strawberry slices with sugar (if using). Let sit on the counter for 30 minutes. You'll also get some very nice juice to drizzle.
- To serve, cut cake into individual serving size pieces. Then cut each piece horizontally into two layers.
- Spread the bottom layer with Cool Whip. Top with some of the strawberries. Do not mound them, or the next layer will slide off.
- Top with second layer of cake and press gently.
- Add a large dollop of Cool Whip and garnish with more strawberries.
- Yes -- that simple.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!