Recipe by Mom.2.Three
Recipe by Ann Coleman
Top Review by Harlow W.
My niece and nephew are very picky eaters. One doesn't like pickles, they both don't like onions. However I made this for them one night and I chopped everything so fine that they wouldn't notice. They ate it right up and I told them what was in it and now they aren't so picky when I cook. It's been their favorite thing I make now for 3 years.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onions or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dill pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups shredded American cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unroll crescent rolls and press into the bottom and up the sides of an 8 inch pie pan.
- Cook ground beef in a skillet until browned. Drain well.
- Stir in onion, chopped pickle, ketchup and mustard.
- Sprinkle with flour and add pickle juice and milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes, or until edges of crust are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cup of cheese. Let stand until cheese melts.
- Garnish with extra ketchup, mustard and pickle slices.