Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A complete meal that's a snap to make and easy on the wallet. If you shop at Aldi's this is for you all the ingredients can be found there, and if you don't I am giving full explanation on quantities.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 leaves fresh basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 1 3⁄4 ounces brown gravy mix (2 packets)
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 (12 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen turkey meatballs, thawed
- Sauté onions in olive oil on a medium high heat, let cook for about 5 minutes than add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes or until onions and translucent.
- Add can of mushrooms, red wine, basil and bay leaves. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix cold water and gravy mix per instructions on package and add to pan.
- Add meatballs and let simmer until gravy thickens to lightly coat the back of a spoon.
- Serve with plain white rice or buttered noodles.
We just finished eating this for dinner. It was very good, although mine did not thicken up at all and I thought it had an overwhelming taste of wine (maybe it was the kind that I used?) so I think next time I make this I'll just use 1 cup of wine instead of 1 1/2. Overall, I thought it was very easy and good! Also, I got most of the ingredients at Aldi :) Thanks for the recipe!