Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A snack everyone has so much of that they don't want dinner the same day, but want me to promise that I make this the following day as well :)
- 150 g rice, washed and drained
- 50 g Urad Dal, split (washed and drained)
- 10 g yeast
- 10 g coriander powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 25 g cashews
- oil, to fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind rice and dal together in a mixie.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Place yeast in warm water.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Keep aside for 60 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Drop dollops of the mix into the hot oil.
- Cook on low flame until the tikki is browned on either side.
- (It resembles a falafel!) Serve hot with coconut chutney as an evening snack.