Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup of roughly chopped coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice or 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- Pack chopped coriander (leaves) firmly into cup to measure.
- Peel garlic and chop roughly; slit chili, remove seeds and chop roughly.
- Place prepared ingredients and walnuts in blender or food processor container and process until a textured paste is achieved, adding lemon juice or vinegar gradually while processing.
- Add salt to taste, place ina bowl and chill until required.
- Serve with kababs.
- Note: If you have no processor or blender, pass ingredients through food grinder with fine screen, or chop ingredients finely, then pound with a pestle in a mortar.
- Gradually stir in lemon juice or vinegar and add salt to taste.
If it wasn't for the rubber seal of my food processor falling in at the most inopportune time, this would have been a lot better. Still, though, there are few things I have eaten with chunks of rubber as good as this! This was amazing!
Refreshing, palate cleansing and fresh-tasting. I made a half-quantity but forgot to half the quantity of lemon juice - even so, it was delicious. With the correct proportion of lemon juice, this would be a good accompaniment to many things, from grilled cheese to tandoori chicken! Reviewed for Pick A Chef, Fall 2007.