A French dessert created for a Russian Czar. Dress it up with a fruit topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- 2Cook over low heat until gelatin dissolves; cool slightly.
- 3Beat egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl at medium speed until thick and lemon colored. Stir in bourbon.
- 4Gradually add dissolved gelatin; stirring constantlly.
- 5Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into yolk mixture.
- 6Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the egg mixture. Split ladyfingers in half; line 3 quart glass bowl with ladyfingers. Pour in filling; cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- 7Garnish with fruit if desired.
Nutritional Facts for Charlotte Russe
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.7
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 363.4 mg
- Sodium 125.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g