Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A French dessert created for a Russian Czar. Dress it up with a fruit topping.
Make and share this Charlotte Russe recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- Cook over low heat until gelatin dissolves; cool slightly.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl at medium speed until thick and lemon colored. Stir in bourbon.
- Gradually add dissolved gelatin; stirring constantlly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into yolk mixture.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the egg mixture. Split ladyfingers in half; line 3 quart glass bowl with ladyfingers. Pour in filling; cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Garnish with fruit if desired.
This was amazingly good! It's going to take center stage on my Christmas table this year. I've been wanting to try it for a long time and finally did. I wish I could give more than 5 stars!