Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I made this this evening for all the special women in my life who have been a Mother to me in one way or the other at some or the other time in my life...and they are very sweet and special people. This is my own creation. I hope you enjoy it and lick your fingers clean just as these ladies did today :) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the lovely Mom's out there. You bless us and may the best be blessed upon U!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
- 5 -6 green cardamoms, crushed
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 -12 tablespoons softened ghee
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt ghee in a pan.
- Add flour and stir-fry continuously for 10 minutes on low heat.
- If you find the mixture very dry, please add more ghee. You need to have a more liquid and less dry mixture.
- Fold in the cardamom powder, mix well and add the sugar. Once again mix thoroughly.
- Now again if the mixture is dry, you have to add more ghee.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes then add the water and mix well.
- Do not increase the heat.
- Cook till the halwa coats the back of a spoon (about 5-7 minutes more).
- Serve hot or chilled as you like.