1/1 Photo of Char Kroeung
From The Age, August 15, 2007. Quick Cambodian stir-fry. Serve with rice vermicelli noodles, lettuce, fresh mint and bean shoots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the kroeung paste
- 2 stalks lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons galangal, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 chilies, chopped and seeded
- 1/2 cup water
For the stir-fry
- 1Blend all the paste ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- 2Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the meat and mix well.
- 3Heat the oil in large wok over medium heat. Add meat, stirring well until browned.
- 4Add fish sauce, sugar and salt and stir until the sauce is bubbling.
- 5Add the onion wedges and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent.
- 6Add the red capsicum and 6 tablespoons of roasted peanuts. Stir for another minute, then remove from heat.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining peanuts and serve with rice vermicelli noodles, lettuce, fresh mint and bean shoots.
Nutritional Facts for Char Kroeung
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.7
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.0 mg
- Sodium 1654.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves