1/3 Photos of Chanterelle Mushroom Tartlets
We picked some wild mushrooms and I wanted to use them in an appetizer. Not finding what I was looking for, I looked at some recipes for other types of mushrooms. This recipe "borrows" heavily from Bergy's recipe 16123. Since chanterelles are more strongly flavoured than button mushrooms, I added some other stronger flavours to match (and to be honest I used what I had on hand!) So thank you to Bergy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 3 cups chanterelle mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (light is fine)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1Heat the half the butter or margarine and the corn oil in a large skillet. It needs to be super hot.
- 2Add the half the mushrooms and half the onion. Saute until browned. (If your mushrooms are wet, even with the very high temperature, they may release liquid. If this happens, continue to cook until the liquid evaporated and mushrooms brown a little.
- 3Cook the second half of mushrooms and onions in the other half of butter and oil.
- 4Beat the egg slightly and add some of the hot mixture to it.
- 5Add the egg mixture to the skillet along with the cheese, thyme, and the parsley.
- 6Cook about one minute longer and set aside.
- 7Cut the crusts off the bread and flatten each with a rolling pin.
- 8Spread butter or margarine on one side of the slices of bread.
- 9Cut into quarters and put into mini-muffin trays, butter side down.
- 10Fill each with the mushroom filling.
- 11Top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chanterelle Mushroom Tartlets
Serving Size: 1 (839 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 98.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g