Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This tasty treat is inspired from the Sonoran Desert and the salty east coast. I like this recipe because it's easy to prepare, tastes great and is a big hit at parties.
- 4 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 large shrimp
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove stem, cut in half and clean seeds and membrane from jalapeno peppers. Blanche peppers in hot water for two minutes and set aside. Cook the bacon for two minutes in the microwave, until half cooked. Drain and set aside. Finely chop Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns and combine with butter, cumin and taco seasoning. Pan fry on low heat until lightly brown and sticky in texture (about 4 minutes). Set aside until cool. While potato mixture is cooling, clean and peel shrimp, leaving the tails on and shred the cheese. Then slice bacon strips lengthwise. Place a bed of cheese inside the jalapeno halves, wrap bacon around the shrimp and place firmly in the jalapeno boat. Top with salty potato crumble and place on broiler pan in the grooves (this helps keep the boat afloat). Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until shrimp is orange in color. Cool, serve and surf.
We loved these! Very creative and flavorful. I used monterey pepperjack for a little extra kick. The presentation was very appealing. Thanks for sharing! Welcome to Food and hope to see you around the community :)
Can't wait to try this!!