Recipe by Marney
Not quite sure where this got it's name but it's definitely a winner in my book! Comforting and filling, you can't go wrong.
Top Review by Chipfo
Very good and easy to make. I made this at my brother's house, he has 4 kids and it all was eaten up that night. A definate keeper! I might, maybe add i more 8 oz can of tomato sauce just to make it juicier, other than that it is very good!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ounces medium width egg noodles
- 6 green onions, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 -2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan and brown the meat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic, sugar and salt. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles for 7 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Beat the cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth. Add the green onions and noodles.
- Pour the noodle mixture into the casserole dish and top with the meat mixture. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 30 minutes.