Sue's She Crab Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
For those of you that love She Crab Soup, this one is definitely a WINNER! We're talking restaurant quality here :) Just DELISH! The cooking time does not include the time it takes to hard boil the eggs.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 scallion, including green top minced
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups fish stock or 2 cups bottled clam juice
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks, hard boiled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lump crabmeat, picked free of shell
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- green onion, sliced
- In a large pot, melt the butter over moderately low heat.
- Add the scallion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, and cook roux for 2 minutes, until bubbly.
- Stir in the stock, milk, and cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring.
- Add the chopped egg yolks, crabmeat, salt pepper, paprika and Old Bay, and bring almost to a simmer.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with chopped cooked bacon, and green onion slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
While visiting my Mother-in-Law went out to dinner with her and her friends. They made me try She Crab Soup because they love it. My Mother-in-Law tells her friends that if anyone can make it Mo can (no pressure). I quickly found this recipe and when she came up to see us, I made it for the first time. She was amazed because she liked this better because of the lumps of crab!!!! Thanks for a great recipe!!!1Reply
Words escaped my lips while I ate this soup, something like "Holy Schitzu, this soup is outstanding!" I tell you in all honesty, I had 3 bowls and would have had more if I wasn't so full! The leftovers were great for my DGS's lunch and he was so happy I didn't hog it and have it myself! I am popping this into my favorite soup recipes pile right now!Reply
see 1 more