Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted in response for a great non-staining, not red, non-alcoholic punch. Prep time does not include freezing the ice ring.
- 2 liters white grape juice (for a more intense flavour use 2 cans white grape juice frozen concentrate)
- 1 liter apple juice
- 2 liters ginger ale
- ice, ring
- 1 liter apple juice (or less) or 1 liter white grape juice (or less)
- The night before, or sooner, place the apple juice in the ice ring mold and fill with water.
- If you want your ice ring to last longer 1/2 the apple juice and the rest water as juice tends to take less time to thaw.
- To serve, mix rest of ingredients in punch bowl and add ice ring.
We have made this for years as a cheap substitute for sparkling cider! Always a hit at our church functions. I prefer making it with frozen concentrate, using 1 can water and 2 cans ginger-ale for each 12 oz. can of juice. Can adjust proportions to suit taste, adding more water or ginger-ale for less sweetness.
Kids loved it at my Christmas party this year. I loved it because I didn't have to worry about carpet stains! I added a handful of fresh cranberries to the ice ring.
Made this tonight for our church ladies' annual December Salad supper and gift exchange and got lots of compliments. I used limes and maraschino cherries in the ice ring -- you know, the whole red and green for Christmas thing. I like that this punch isn't terribly sweet or tangy.