2 hrs 30 mins
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
The spices in Indian chai tea flavor this creamy cheesecake. The topping can be made 2 days ahead. Chill until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Courtesy Bon Appetit... and their photo looks SINFUL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese (Italian cream cheese)
- 5 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1FOR CRUST: Spray 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 3” high sides with nonstick spray.
- 2Sift flour, ginger, and salt into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in another medium bowl until blended.
- 3Beat in egg yolk, then flour mixture.
- 4Stir in crystallized ginger.
- 5Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk.
- 6Roll out on floured surface to 9-inch round. Transfer to prepared pan.
- 7Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan; pierce all over with fork. Freeze 30 minutes.
- 8Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F Line crust with foil; fill with dried beans or pie weights.
- 9Bake until set, about 30 minutes. Remove foil and beans.
- 10Bake crust until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Cool crust completely on rack.
- 11FOR FILLING: Preheat oven to 350°F Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- 12Add mascarpone; beat until smooth.
- 13Beat in whole eggs, 1 at a time, then beat in yolks.
- 14Add next 6 ingredients; beat until blended. Transfer filling to cooled crust in pan; smooth top.
- 15Bake cake 1 hour.
- 16Reduce oven temperature to 200°F Continue baking until cake is set around edges, but center moves slightly when pan is gently shaken (top of cake may crack, about 30 minutes longer.
- 17Remove cake from oven. Increase oven temperature to 350°F
- 18FOR TOPPING: Whisk all ingredients in small bowl; spread evenly over top of cake.
- 19Bake until set, about 10 minutes.
- 20Run small knife around cake sides. Chill uncovered overnight.
- 21Remove pan sides. Transfer cake to platter. Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai-Spiced Cheesecake With Ginger Crust
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.1
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 265.4 mg
- Sodium 367.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: