Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light March 2007
Make and share this Chai Latte Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 whole allspice, crushed
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 (1 inch) cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Strain milk mixture through a fine sieve into a large microwave-safe bowl; discard solids.
- Add chocolate chips and butter to milk mixture; microwave at HIGH 20 seconds or until chips and butter melt, stirring until smooth.
- Cool slightly; add eggs, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine flour and the next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spread evenly into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack.