Recipe by spatchcock
Talk about comfort! This is so warming (hard to think about it in the summer)--BF and I made this and drank it over the winter break.
Top Review by KristinB
Very good!! I omitted the black peppercorns (didn't have any) & subbed ground ginger for the fresh, & ground cloves for whole. It was great & I'll definitely be making this again!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 whole black peppercorns
- 2 slices fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons loose black tea (or tea bags)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the water in a saucepan, add the spices, and bring to a low boil.
- Turn down the heat and let simmer for 4 to 10 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar and bring to a heavy simmer.
- Add tea, turn off the heat, and let steep for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Strain into two cups and serve hot.