Easy Chai Masala
A cheap homemade mixture for a fast and delicious spiced black tea. I got this spice mix recipe in Jodhpur (India). I use this mix in my office, where we get hot water, but we don't have the possibility to cook. At home I prefere to boil (5 minutes!) the tea in an mix of water and fresh milk with these spices added. The qualitiy of the ingredients and the spices is relevant!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups powdered milk or 2 cups non-dairy coffee creamer
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all the above ingredients and store in tightly closed jars.
Instructions for the tea preparetion:
- Prepare your black tea as usual (I like it very strong!).
- Remove the black tea bag.
- Add two teaspoons of the spiced mixture per serving cup.
- This tea will be better if you boil all together again (for example in the microwave).
- Add sugar other sweetener as desired. If you want add more milk; This depends only on your taste!
- Enjoy (time does not include tea preparation).
- Note: You can add 1-2 sugar cups directly in the mixture. Add 3 or more teaspoons mixture per cup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Made and used this with recipe#482431#482431, and along with a cup of tea, which I rarely have on a cool, rainy day really enjoyed this. I also made this as written using coffee creamer. Very nice flavoring recipe that myself, DS, and the neighbors enjoyed that was made with the previous recipe above, that made for an excellent dessert at our poker night.
Very nice - I made a nice cup with decaf black tea after dinner. Delicious! I think I will also follow Mikekey's advice and try it in my coffee - I always make my chicory coffee with some added cinnamon anyway, so this will be an added bonus. Thanks for posting awalde. I did use the powdered milk option, and I could find no aftertaste with the spices. I made 1/2 of the recipe, and I'll be taking my jar of chai with me tomorrow to work. Made for ZWT8 Family Picks from the India APCB and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys.
Delicious! I love chai tea and drink it frequently. This one is quick, easy, and very convenient to keep on hand for when that chai craving hits me. It is more subtly spices than the one I'm used to drinking, but a nice change of pace. I used the creamer because I don't like the flavor of dry milk, and I used honey for my sweetener. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!<br/>**Made for ZWT 8 Family Picks**