Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the typical roti eaten in Madras, India. It is loved by all South Indians.
Make and share this Ceylonese Roti recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 g coconut, grated
- water (for kneading)
- ghee (for shallow frying) or oil (for shallow frying)
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add coconut and mix well.
- Add water and knead to a soft dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 parts.
- Roll each into a ball.
- Roll out each ball into a round disc 5" in diameter and of 1/4" thickness.
- Sprinkle with a little flour, if needed.
- Heat griddle, lightly grease and cook one at a time over low heat until brown specks appear on both sides.
- Remove from griddle.
- Keep warm.
- Grease the griddle before each roti.
- Wrap in a piece of foil to keep until needed.
- Reheat with foil in oven.
My first roti/flat breads with coconut. We all loved it and we will make this again.
Very very easy. Thanks for the great recipe!