This is the typical roti eaten in Madras, India. It is loved by all South Indians.
Make and share this Ceylonese Roti recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add coconut and mix well.
- Add water and knead to a soft dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 parts.
- Roll each into a ball.
- Roll out each ball into a round disc 5" in diameter and of 1/4" thickness.
- Sprinkle with a little flour, if needed.
- Heat griddle, lightly grease and cook one at a time over low heat until brown specks appear on both sides.
- Remove from griddle.
- Keep warm.
- Grease the griddle before each roti.
- Wrap in a piece of foil to keep until needed.
- Reheat with foil in oven.