1/2 Photos of Cereal Treats
These cereal treats are like rice krispy treats but different and yet very tasty!... you can use any type of cereal you like and can add in dried fruit, chocolate chips, marshmallows, etc. I have made these with many different combinations (such as grape nuts, honey & Nutella and omitting the sugar because it is just sweet without, but play around with it and Just have fun with this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with plastic wrap.
- 2Pour cereal into a large bowl.
- 3In medium saucepan, combine sugar & corn syrup.
- 4Stir occasionally and bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 1 minute.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- 7Pour over cereal; stir to coat.
- 8Press evenly into prepared pan.
- 9Cool about 15 to 20 minutes Invert onto cutting board; remove plastic wrap. Cut into bars. (Or you can drop by the teaspoon on wax paper instead of placing into pan).
- 10(For microwave directions, Prepare pan in step 1 as above.
- 11In 2 quart microwavable bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup & peanut butter. Microwave on high, stirring twice, 3 1/2 to 4 minutes or until mixture is smooth and sugar has dissolved. Complete as in step 7 and on).
- 12(You can also drizzle melted chocolate over cereal bars or make a flavored glaze and drizzle over bars, the possibilities are up to you! Have fun!).
- 13For non Apian Vegetarians/Vegans do not use the honey. Ask before making if you are making this for a gift to be sure they consume honey.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cereal Treats
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: