This recipe was passed down from my Great Grandma Crawford. It is a simple cookie that goes great with coffee or hot chocolate on a cold winter's day. I've baked them with both butter or Crisco. The butter version is a flatter cookie, similar to the ones my Grandma made. Enjoy these cookies, they are a real treat from my childhood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix brown sugar and white sugar in the mixer.
- 2Add butter, beaten eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- 3Mix four,baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to sugar mixture, mix well.
- 4Add oatmeal, crushed cornflakes, Rice Crispy cereal, and coconut. (When I do this in my mixer the batter is very thick.).
- 5Spoon on a cookie sheet and flatten a little with a fork or spoon.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cereal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 351.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g