Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grandmother used to make this for us when we were children, long before any of US had heard of Rice Krispie Treats. And to this day (40+ years!) I still prefer this, even though it is slightly more difficult to make when compared to picking up a box of Rise Krispie Treats at the store
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 5 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cream
- Mmix Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes and Peanuts together in large roasting pan or glass bowl.
- Cook corn syrup, sugar and cream in heavy skillet to the soft ball stage. Pour over cereal mixture and stir well.
- Pour mixture into greased (or buttered) pan and press down firmly.
- Cut into squares when it starts to cool.
- Note: I find that these are best when they are about 1-1/2 inches thick.
- preparation time is time spent measuring ingredienys and stirring syrup/sugar/cream mixture, and is estimated.
- cooking time is cooling time and is also estimated.