Something different as a side salad or an appetizer. Should be well chilled. From Canadian Diabetes Association.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 celery hearts or celery
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley (use fresh if you like, about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- lettuce leaf
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped (optional)
- 1Wash and cut celery hearts in half lengthwise.
- 2Cook in lightly salted water 7 minutes until tender crisp.
- 3Add vinegar, water, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 4Simmer 4 minutes longer.
- 5Allow to cook in liquid, drain well, place each piece on a lettuce leaf.
- 6Sprinkle each serving with capers and pimento and black olives, if using.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Victor
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 351.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 0.4 g