1/3 Photos of Celery Mashed Potatoes
After having celery mashed potatoes in a restaurant, I had to figure out how to make them at home. :) These are wonderfully flavorful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat and sauté the celery, onion, and garlic until vegetables are soft, about 7 minutes to 10 minutes.
- 2Add the half and half and bouillon and simmer the mixture slowly, uncovered, over low heat for 20 minutes.
- 3Whir the simmered mixture in a a blender or food processor until well pureed.
- 4While the celery mixture is simmering, cut the potatoes into 2-inch chunks (peeled or not, it's up to you) then put them in a stockpot with lightly salted water to cover and cook until the potatoes are tender; drain well.
- 5Combine the celery puree with the cooked potatoes in the stockpot and, over medium heat, mash with a hand masher, adding buttermilk to achieve desired consistency for the mashed potatoes.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Makes about 6 servings.
- 8Note: I do not recommend using electric mixers to make mashed potatoes because they can break down the starches in the potatoes too quickly and cause them to become"gluey"- use a hand masher, it's worth the extra bit of effort.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 126.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g