Recipe by Gay Gilmore
Served at my wedding and it was the biggest hit. People cannot quite identify what is in it, but they love it.
Top Review by RemDog
A beautiful and tasty hors d'oeuvre. I wouldn't mix the top layer, though. Rather, as in the picture, I spread the cream cheese/sour cream mixture first then the caviar layer. Allow it to chill overnight as the flavor really is more delicate the next day.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 sweet onion, very finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- black caviar
- 20 crackers, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the bottom layer ingredients and put in an 8 inch springform pan.
- Put middle layer on top of that; and then mix top layer ingredients and put on top.
- Chill overnight.
- Use a cookie cutter on top and fill with caviar to make a nice design.
- We used a heart shape at the wedding and filled it with salmon roe and made a nice design of salmon roe around the border-- one of our colors was orange for the wedding so it looked lovely.
- I've also seen this with small red caviar in the middle in a heart shape with black caviar all around the edges-- gorgeous.
- remove the sides of the springform pan to serve with crackers.