Very fresh and herby.
Make and share this Caviar De Courgettes - Zucchini Caviar recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the courgettes into 1/2" thick slices.
- Cook them in simmering salted water for 15 minutes.
- During this time, take the pips out of the olives, and chop them up with the onions, garlic, mint, basil and parsley.
- Drain the courgettes as soon as they are soft and mashable.
- Blend the herb/onion mixture with the courgettes.
- Let cool. When it's cool, whizz it up in a processor, or press it through a food mill.
- Add the fresh lemon juice and the thyme.
- Salt and pepper this, according to your own taste, but making sure there is enough of this seasoning to bring out the flavor of the food.
- At the last minute, add the liquid creme fraiche, using a whisk to blend and get the right consistency (spreadable - dippable).
- Keep this cool and serve with toast fingers or sliced French bread.
Oooh, delicious. Thanks! Lovely and olivey. A posh way to use up some of the mountain of courgettes I have this year =) I used soft white cheese in place of creme fraiche, as it was what I had.
Superb! I made this with mixed courgettes - yellow and green, and also added half a red pepper. I increased the garlic slightly and used lots of fresh mint form the garden!