1/1 Photo of Caviar De Courgettes - Zucchini Caviar
Mme M's Note:
Very fresh and herby.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the courgettes into 1/2" thick slices.
- 2Cook them in simmering salted water for 15 minutes.
- 3During this time, take the pips out of the olives, and chop them up with the onions, garlic, mint, basil and parsley.
- 4Drain the courgettes as soon as they are soft and mashable.
- 5Blend the herb/onion mixture with the courgettes.
- 6Let cool. When it's cool, whizz it up in a processor, or press it through a food mill.
- 7Add the fresh lemon juice and the thyme.
- 8Salt and pepper this, according to your own taste, but making sure there is enough of this seasoning to bring out the flavor of the food.
- 9At the last minute, add the liquid creme fraiche, using a whisk to blend and get the right consistency (spreadable - dippable).
- 10Keep this cool and serve with toast fingers or sliced French bread.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caviar De Courgettes - Zucchini Caviar
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 214.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g