Recipe by spatchcock
From Fine Cooking. Recipe originally by Lidia Bastianich, the matriarch of fine Italian home cooking.
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped imported black olives (such as Gaeta or kalamata)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne, more to taste
- 1 lb cavatelli
- 1 bunch arugula, rinsed, dried well, and coarsely chopped (about 8 oz.)
- 1 cup grated ricotta cheese (about 7 oz.) or 1 cup feta (about 7 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, olives, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, black pepper, and cayenne and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the cavatelli until al dente.
- Drain it well and return it to the pan.
- Add the arugula and the olive-oil mixture, folding gently until the ingredients are combined.
- Let sit until the arugula has wilted, about 3 minute.
- Sprinkle with the ricotta salata just before serving.