From Fine Cooking. Recipe originally by Lidia Bastianich, the matriarch of fine Italian home cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped imported black olives (such as Gaeta or kalamata)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, more to taste
- 1 lb cavatelli
- 1 bunch arugula, rinsed, dried well, and coarsely chopped (about 8 oz.)
- 1 cup grated ricotta cheese (about 7 oz.) or 1 cup feta (about 7 oz.)
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, olives, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, black pepper, and cayenne and set aside.
- 2Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the cavatelli until al dente.
- 3Drain it well and return it to the pan.
- 4Add the arugula and the olive-oil mixture, folding gently until the ingredients are combined.
- 5Let sit until the arugula has wilted, about 3 minute.
- 6Sprinkle with the ricotta salata just before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cavatelli With Arugula & Ricotta Salata
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.3
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 278.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: