Recipe by greysangel
This is a great roasted cauliflower recipe with a nice creamy mushroom sauce. You can go heavier with the milk and butter if you are not concerned about calories, but it tastes very nice as written. I usually pair this with herbed basmati rice and grilled marinated chicken.
- 4 cups cauliflower, cooked (steamed for apprx 8 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange Cauliflower in a non-stick baking pan; set aside.
- Melt butter in small sauce pan; add mushrooms and scallion and saute for 1 minute. Stir in flour, salt & pepper; cook, stirring continuously,pour in milk and cook until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 450° approximately 10 to 15 minutes on until top is slightly