Recipe by utahmomtotwo
This is a recipe I got from my sister. Her version was fried in oil and I adapted it to make it lower in calories and less time consuming to make.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 4 egg whites
- 2 -3 dried arbol chiles
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- broth or water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cut cauliflower into small florets; boil or steam until tender and then drain.
- Separate eggs; whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slightly mix egg yolks then fold into egg whites.
- Spray a 9x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Spread half of eggs in pan. Top with cooked cauliflower, setting aside about 1/4 cup of the smallest pieces for Chile Rojo sauce. Top cauliflower with cheese and then remaining eggs.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile make sauce. Place all remaining ingredients except broth or water in blender; blend well. Pour sauce into small saucepan, add reserved cauliflower. Simmer 15 minutes adding enough broth or water to make a smooth consistency.
- Cut torte into sections and top with Chile Rojo sauce.
- 1/4=194 calories/11 g. fat/2 g. fiber.
- Or it is C + 2 pts on WW.