Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very attractive dish to bring to the table! If you want your cauliflower cooked a little more steam it for 5 min prior to putting it in the casserole. I like it crisp so I do it raw.
- 2 large cauliflower, separated into flowerets
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 44.37 ml melted butter
- 3 tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Arrange flowerets in the dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle the onion over the cauliflower.
- Cover with 1 cup of cheese.
- Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Tuck in the Tomatoes wedges.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
Pretty and tasty. I added broccoli for color and salsa so it wouldn't be dry and jalepenos for spice. I also used soy cheese instead of dairy cheese. Yummy,
I love simple and easy. This was prepared in the early am and cooked in the pm. Great stuff
Loved this one too, Bergy! I was afraid it would be rather bland, but it turned out wonderfully. I'd also like to try this with broccoli instead of cauliflower, though the crisp baked cauliflower was very, very yum! I had this with freshly toasted bread for an absolutely delightful dinner :-)