Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is able to be adapted quite easily depending on which added extras you like. We made a triple batch of the basic recipe - then changed it up each time. If you don't like chorizo use salami, ham, blue cheese or crispy croutons - whatever takes your fancy!
- 50 g butter
- 1 leek, halved and sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cauliflower, small and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 liters chicken stock
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 150 ml cream
- 2 chorizo sausage, smoked and diced
- Heat large suacepan with butter and add leek and garlic. Cover with lid and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, chicken stock and potato. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- In another frypan, add chorizo and cook until brown on all sides. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside to keep warm.
- Add cream to soup and blend until smooth using a stick mixer. Check seasoning, divide between 4 bowls using the chorizo as garnish.
- Serve with the bread of your choosing.