Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Almost NO carb / LOW fat soup that is so delicious!
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared commercial chicken base
- 1 onion, in quarters for preparing stock
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped celery & leaves
- 1 onion, sliced thickly for preparing puree
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 -10 peppercorns (crushed)
- 1 cup milk (any desired fat percentage)
- Exact measurements are not necessary in this recipe. Use a rich chicken stock, or prepare a stock: 3 cups water and all bones, skin and coagulated juices of a store-bought rotissery chicken. Add celery and onion with bay leaf and peppercorns and enough chicken base to add flavor and needed saltiness. Press, strain and discard bones and any aromatics that you have added. This will provide about 2 1/2 cups of cloudy rich broth.
- Add 1 head of cauliflower roughly cut and 1 small onion to the stock and boil until almost mushy, about 15 minutes.
- Puree in a blender in batches with an entire head of peeled roasted garlic.
- Return puree to a saucepan and add 1 cup milk (your preference on fat content) do not reboil after adding milk.
- This is a low cal/carb/fat soup perfect for dieters and diabetics to eat guilt free! Enjoy!